NWSBS Mission Statement
The mission of The Northwest School for Botanical Studies ® (NWSBS) is to provide the highest quality education possible to students who have a serious interest in pursuing herbal studies. We provide students with a contemporary education in the art and science of herbalism, with a curriculum including physiology, herbal materia medica, herbal medicine making, herbal therapeutics, constitutional medicine, field identification, formulating, aromatherapy, and clinical skills. We dedicate ourselves to continually improving the standards of professional herbalism, in both herbal education and in professional practice.
The NWSBS provides a variety of classes ranging from beginning to advanced studies in herbal medicine. We offer two extensive programs including the Professional Herbalist Training Program and the Clinical Herbalist Training Program, as well as classes for beginning and intermediate herbal studies. We provide class options for students who want to learn basic information about herbs and herbal medicine making to maintain their health as well as the health of friends and family members; we also train students who want to pursue a career in herbalism.
- To provide the knowledge and skills of herbalism for client wellness care
- To foster a healing environment for students and the community
- To create an open academic environment which supports all individuals
- To engage in the lifelong learning and professional development as health care providers
- To meet the health needs of the community by providing quality health care
- To assist clients to understand their health issues and their treatment
- To encourage clients to take responsibility for their treatment process
- To treat clients with dignity, privacy, and confidentiality
If you are interested in receiving our newsletter, please include your contact information below. We respect your privacy.